Delete old LOG files - How

Author
Stewart Ives
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Site manager v7.2.3971

I noticed I have log files back to 2013, over 2500+ entries.

I'm wondering how I can clean out these old log files?

Other topic: Connection to Multi-Site Mgr. (I know, don't mix topics...but...) 
Just waiting on not needing to modify ports on the edge router to allow comms between Site Manager and Multi-Site Mgr. I know it's a tricky task but can't you have an entry in Site Manager to enter a connect string to MultiSite Mgr  to connect OUT to Multi-Site Mgr and send out a keep-alive packet every so often to keep the connection to Multi-Site Mgr alive?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

-stew

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Stewart Ives - 17 January 2019 7:12 PM
Site manager v7.2.3971

I noticed I have log files back to 2013, over 2500+ entries.

I'm wondering how I can clean out these old log files?

Other topic: Connection to Multi-Site Mgr. (I know, don't mix topics...but...) 
Just waiting on not needing to modify ports on the edge router to allow comms between Site Manager and Multi-Site Mgr. I know it's a tricky task but can't you have an entry in Site Manager to enter a connect string to MultiSite Mgr  to connect OUT to Multi-Site Mgr and send out a keep-alive packet every so often to keep the connection to Multi-Site Mgr alive?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

-stew

Hi Stewart,

The old log files don't really cause any harm in Site Manager, as the data is stored in an SQLite database it doesn't have any performance impact, but we appreciate you might want to prune old data. Auto-pruning old logs is something on our feature list, though it's tricky to get right as no-one wants to see the logs they really do want to keep disappearing. In the meantime, you can tidy up logs on individual agents by deleting any old logs you don't want in the Macrium Agent user interface just as you would in Reflect then using the "Resync Logs" function on the Computers page of Site Manager:

On the topic of MultiSite, we're actively working on removing the port forwarding requirement, unfortunately there are a few awkward technical corners to navigate (like making the embedded/view through multisite version of the Site Manager interface work). We're solving this by having the Site Manager establish a connection to Multisite via reverse SSH tunnel if you're interested in the technical details!

Regards,
Alex Stevenson,
Macrium Software

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Stewart Ives
Stewart Ives
New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Update after a year...

Now Site Mgr v7.2.4898 - 2020-05-11

I just installed Site Mgr on an existing server and it promptly imported log files back from 2013 from the Macrium Reflect that was installed on the server.

I tried to follow the above directions to trim these log files iand I was able to trim them on through the local Agent. In Site Mgr but I can't find the "Resync Log Files" button in the site mgr. Might it have been moved?

This is NOT a problem and all else is working duckie...

-stew

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Stewart, 

If you've deleted logs from the agent, you can resync them by going to the computers page, expanding the computer information, selecting the tools tab and using the 'Resync Logs' button there -

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...