V6 Scheduled backup cannot access backup server in win7

Author
MR166
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
OS Win7 Professional Reflect V6

If I launch Reflect and run a scheduled backup everything works properly.  If Reflect runs the backup at the scheduled time it cannot log into the server.   I get an "Access Denied" error in the log file.

How can I solve this problem?  

Thanks,

Edited 27 February 2015 2:09 PM by Mark Rocconi
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Check the Windows Task Scheduler to see what account is used for running the scheduled task and check whether that account has required access permissions for the backup destination on the server.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

MR166
MR166
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
The correct person is logged in.  They login without having a password. The server share allows this user access it without a password. Does Win7 professional have a limitation as to scheduled backups to a server?

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Someone will correct me if my memory is faulty, but I don't think you can use an account without any password to run scheduled tasks on a server.  You may need to change that.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

MR166
MR166
OK sorry for the silly post everything is now working.   FYI win7 Professional allows a scheduled task to run even if the user who created the task is not logged on.  The failure to run was due to the fact that my password on the laptop did not match the password on the networked backup drive.  I created the Reflect backup under a second users login and mapped the backup location using my password to the backup drive.  I could run the original Reflect backup from the desktop .  The windows scheduled task created by Reflect used the password that was associated with my ID on that computer  instead of the password that I supplied while creating the Reflect backup and thus the "access denied" log result.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search