error while booting vi image

Author
doryshe
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I create a full backup to image.
after it finished the backup I started it in vi.
after the press file to load it to vi, I get a message in the vi window:
hyper-v 
virtual machine boot summary
1. scsi disk (0,0) no uefi-compatible file system was found,

Do I need to configure something?

Doron
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)
Does your image backup perhaps contain a Windows 7 installation on a GPT disk? If so, there’s no way to viBoot that because Hyper-V limitations. Windows 7 when installed on a GPT disk boots in UEFI mode, but Windows 7 doesn’t work in a pure UEFI environment; it requires Legacy Option ROMs to be available, which Hyper-V doesn’t offer. Hyper-V only offers Gen 1 and Gen 2 VMs. Gen 1 is a pure Legacy BIOS environment with no UEFI capabilities, and Gen 2 is a pure UEFI environment with no Legacy capabilities.
doryshe
doryshe
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 23 July 2018 2:16 AM
Does your image backup perhaps contain a Windows 7 installation on a GPT disk? If so, there’s no way to viBoot that because Hyper-V limitations. Windows 7 when installed on a GPT disk boots in UEFI mode, but Windows 7 doesn’t work in a pure UEFI environment; it requires Legacy Option ROMs to be available, which Hyper-V doesn’t offer. Hyper-V only offers Gen 1 and Gen 2 VMs. Gen 1 is a pure Legacy BIOS environment with no UEFI capabilities, and Gen 2 is a pure UEFI environment with no Legacy capabilities.

Hi
this windows is a windows 10 with GPT.
So there isnt a way to boot it on VI?

Doron

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
doryshe - 23 July 2018 7:30 AM
jphughan - 23 July 2018 2:16 AM

Hi
this windows is a windows 10 with GPT.
So there isnt a way to boot it on VI?

Doron

Hi Doron

Does the image contain all the Windows boot partitions? 

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Windows+Partitions

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)
Windows 10 with GPT is fine; it’s only Windows 7 that’s problematic on GPT. Please post a screenshot of the partitions you’ve captured in your image. The easiest way to do that is to select the image under the Restore tab, at which point the inage’s partition map will be displayed over the image file list. If you’re missing key partitions, then that’s something you’d want to fix anyway to simplify possible restore situations later.
jamespedersen
jamespedersen
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with Macrium Home Edition v8.0.6161. I created a backup of all partitions on the C drive of my Windows 10.0.19042 PC but have been unable to boot into a viBoot VM I made for that image. When I try to boot into the viBoot VM, I get the error message:

============================================================================
1. SCSI Disk (0,0)
        The signed image's hash is not allowed.

No operating system was loaded. Your virtual machine may be configured incorrectly.
Exit and re-configure your VM or click restart to retry the current boot sequence again.
============================================================================

I'm using Hyper-V Manager 10.0.19041.1 on the PC. If I try to disable secure boot for the VM in the Hyper-V Manager settings and then start the VM it immediately gets stuck in a crash loop between Running and Stopping. I currently cannot boot into the VM. I've tried restarting the PC to no avail. I was also able to successfully verify the image in Macrium Reflect. 

How do I boot into the viBoot image? I'm very lost at this point. 

James Pedersen
Balaji
Balaji
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)Macrium Representative (386 reputation)
Group: Macrium Moderators
Hi @jamespedersen

Could you please create a support ticket https://www.macrium.com/support
This will help us gather further information to find the issue.

Thank you,

Kind regards
Bala

Kind Regards

Balaji

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

jamespedersen
jamespedersen
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
@Balaji I closed the ticket. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I can access the files in the image with the "Explore Image" option.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search