Set proxy for "Check for Updates"

Author
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I am unable to check for updates in Macrium Site Manager.  After some troubleshooting with my firewall/proxy team, we determined Site Manager is not using the proxy settings on the OS...it is trying to directly connect to the Macrium Site to check for updates.
Is there a configuration file on the server I can edit to tell Site Manager to "use this proxy information" when checking for updates?

Thanks
NK
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
NJK-Work - 27 June 2018 4:11 PM
I am unable to check for updates in Macrium Site Manager.  After some troubleshooting with my firewall/proxy team, we determined Site Manager is not using the proxy settings on the OS...it is trying to directly connect to the Macrium Site to check for updates.
Is there a configuration file on the server I can edit to tell Site Manager to "use this proxy information" when checking for updates?

Thanks
NK

Hi NK,

I've conducted a test and Site Manager will use proxies which are set in the Windows proxy server configuration section of Network and Settings, however as Site Manager server runs as a SYSTEM service, this has to either be configured on the default profile or configured per-machine rather than per-user. 

If the check fails when run as Local System, Site Manager will use the Network Service account to recheck. These accounts should pick up proxy settings from the default Windows profile.

As all the settings are quite dependent on Windows version and group policy and since some of the diagnostic steps can involve quite a few steps, I'd recommend you open a support case with our support team to get to the bottom of this.

Regards,
Alex Stevenson
Macrium Software

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Alex - 28 June 2018 9:38 AM
NJK-Work - 27 June 2018 4:11 PM

Thanks
NK

Hi NK,

I've conducted a test and Site Manager will use proxies which are set in the Windows proxy server configuration section of Network and Settings, however as Site Manager server runs as a SYSTEM service, this has to either be configured on the default profile or configured per-machine rather than per-user. 

If the check fails when run as Local System, Site Manager will use the Network Service account to recheck. These accounts should pick up proxy settings from the default Windows profile.

As all the settings are quite dependent on Windows version and group policy and since some of the diagnostic steps can involve quite a few steps, I'd recommend you open a support case with our support team to get to the bottom of this.

Regards,
Alex Stevenson
Macrium Software

Thank you.
NK
NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
The proxy settings they added to the latest release of Site Backup have now fixed my issue for this.  I can see latest update information in the Site Manager console now.

Thank you for adding this.
NK
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search