Unable to revoke my V7.1 Home License Key

Author
maxxis
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was using the trial version to evaluate the software. Having successfully performed the backup, I was attempting to use the redeploy feature onto VM, but it kept telling me that the trial version could not be used. I tried installing it on the new machine that hosts the VM, transferred the key but it didn't work either. I went back and forth a couple times until I discovered that I needed to rebuild my PE environment! However, now I can't perform the final revokation of the license on the old machine in order to do the transfer to the new machine. 

Please help!

Thanks,
MR
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Rescue Media (and PE files) built from a trial version of Reflect will not contain the ReDeploy feature, so yes you do indeed need to rebuild your PE environment after activating your Reflect installation with a key.  I'm not entirely clear on what's preventing you from revoking the license where Reflect was originally installed.  If that system is still operable, you would just launch Reflect on it and go to Help > Remove License.  If that system is NOT operable, then you can contact licensing at macrium dot com and they will be able to help.

maxxis
maxxis
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 28 March 2018 1:03 AM
Rescue Media (and PE files) built from a trial version of Reflect will not contain the ReDeploy feature, so yes you do indeed need to rebuild your PE environment after activating your Reflect installation with a key.  I'm not entirely clear on what's preventing you from revoking the license where Reflect was originally installed.  If that system is still operable, you would just launch Reflect on it and go to Help > Remove License.  If that system is NOT operable, then you can contact licensing at macrium dot com and they will be able to help.

Thanks. Yeah, the Remove License option is not present anymore.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Then the license probably isn't still active on that PC, in which case if you were able to get it activated on the new PC, you should be good to go.

Edited 28 March 2018 1:19 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search