License Transfer Question

Author
MikeA01730
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm moving to a new Windows 10 desktop PC.  My old PC has licensed Reflect Home installed and the new one has Macrium Free installed.  I'm far enough along that I'd like to have the licensed features of Reflect Home available on the new PC instead of the old one.  

Can I remove the license from the old PC, modify the backups there to stop using differential backups, & add the license on the new PC?  If so, how do I do that?  

Thanks,
Mike
Tags
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
MikeA01730 - 18 July 2017 12:08 AM
Hi,

I'm moving to a new Windows 10 desktop PC.  My old PC has licensed Reflect Home installed and the new one has Macrium Free installed.  I'm far enough along that I'd like to have the licensed features of Reflect Home available on the new PC instead of the old one.  

Can I remove the license from the old PC, modify the backups there to stop using differential backups, & add the license on the new PC?  If so, how do I do that?  

Thanks,
Mike

Yes you can, although note that Differential backups are available in the Free edition; it's Incrementals that aren't, along with various other features that you can check here.  To transfer your license, on the current licensed PC, go to Help > Remove License.  At this point you may have to uninstall Reflect and reinstall the Free version; I'm not sure if a paid version can perform an in-place downgrade to Free, but even if you have to uninstall, you'll be able to preserve your settings, definition files, etc. Then on the new PC, again I think you have to uninstall Free and download an installer for the licensed version rather than doing an in-place upgrade, but if so just download the Reflect download agent and provide the license key you just freed up when prompted, and from there you're then good to go.

Edited 18 July 2017 12:33 AM by jphughan
MikeA01730
MikeA01730
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Guru,

Thanks for the help.  That sounds straightforward.  I'll give it a try.  

Regards,
Mike
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search