Purge old Full Backups

Author
subman 640
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently upgraded to Macrium Reflect v 6.0 and set backup template to keep only last 4 full backups, purge before backup, and performed Full backup.  After backup completed I still show 9 Full Backups.  What have I done wrong?

Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)Talented Member (163 reputation)
Edited: Check Frog's post below.

Edited 30 May 2015 1:13 PM by Merlin
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)

Merlin, that will only change the rules for the BACKUP defined on the front of your screen.

You need to SELECT your XML file then use the EDIT function (Pencil) on the toolbar to enter the definition edit area, then NEXT the 1st screen and you will be at the retention rules of that particular XML definition.

Good luck!
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)Expert (809 reputation)
This is an issue that plagued the previous version of Reflect.  I requested, several times, that Macrium add logic to allow updating all or some of the existing XML files when making this change - or, at least, display a warning that the change does not affect existing XML files.  Not sure why they did not do something about this, which continues to be a bane to new users.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search