Ability to minimize (hide) a manually started backup verification.

Author
RAKooistra
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It would be helpful if a "hide" button (as is on the backup status window) could be added to the "verify backup" window when the action is started manually. 

With a full backup the verification takes hours.  If the connection to the backup drive fails during the night I have to manually verify the file.  During all those hours I have to work around the opened Macrium Reflect window because it will not minimize to the system notification area.

russellc42
russellc42
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
When a Verify option is running, it's annoying to have to select other windows that are hidden by the Verify dialog.

A 'Hide' button on the Verify dialog would also make it possible to use other features of Macrium Reflect while a Verify operation is being performed.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
About the only viable workaround for now is to use the button in the very far right lower corner of Windows to show the Desktop.  This will "hide" the Verification window, but it will probably just pop back up as the focused window at some point later.

I haven't tried this, but here's a thought you might want to investigate to see if it works.  While a Verification is running, try CTRL+ALT+M.  I think, though I don't remember, there's a Hide button in the Reflect window that comes up.

russellc42
russellc42
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
dbminter - 8 February 2022 3:45 PM
About the only viable workaround for now is to use the button in the very far right lower corner of Windows to show the Desktop.  This will "hide" the Verification window, but it will probably just pop back up as the focused window at some point later.

I haven't tried this, but here's a thought you might want to investigate to see if it works.  While a Verification is running, try CTRL+ALT+M.  I think, though I don't remember, there's a Hide button in the Reflect window that comes up.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I tried a CTRL+ALT+M, but that shows only the progress dialog for a backup being performed. It would be useful to be able to use access the Macrium Reflect main window, and all the features of Macrium Reflect.
Also, I tried the Microsoft Windows 'Show Desktop' feature. It's not something I use often, because it shows the Desktop screen, and still means I have to manually select the other application windows.
I think the only viable solution is a 'Hide' button, or the standard Microsoft Windows 'minimise' hyphen usually in the top right of dialogs, that is usually present with the square and x icons.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
It seems the window of a manual Verify operation is its own "dedicated" operation.  CTRL+ALT+M appears to only apply to backups and, possibly, restore operations.

JK
JK
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)
I think it is important to note that OP (@RAKooistra) and @russellc42 are requesting two different things.  Russell's appears to be requesting the ability to work in the Reflect GUI while a manually launched Verify operation is in progress.  I am doubtful this will get traction, for the same reason that you can't continue to work in the GUI while a backup is running in the foreground (which was the topic of another Wish List thread).  However, @RAKooistra appears to be asking just for the ability to work in other Windows applications (not in Reflect itself) without obstruction from the foreground Verification window.  These are very different requests!

I haven't tested the "Show Desktop" work-around.

Ctrl+Alt+M just opens Reflect Monitor, which shows the status of the most recent (or current) background task.  I wouldn't expect this to have any influence on verify or backup tasks that are running in the foreground.

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
I wasn't entire sure Reflect Monitor would have worked in that case because manually started Verifies run within the application itself.  I also wouldn't have expected it to show a backup run interactively.  Again, though, I wasn't sure.

RAKooistra
RAKooistra
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
dbminter - 8 February 2022 4:06 PM
It seems the window of a manual Verify operation is its own "dedicated" operation.  CTRL+ALT+M appears to only apply to backups and, possibly, restore operations.

Guru is correct.  I do not want to use Reflect to do anything else while the verification is running.  I would just like the ability to minimize the verification windows freeing up valuable screen space.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Yes, I believe any operation activated interactively, meaning through the Reflect GUI, will not have a means to minimize itself except with Show Desktop.  Verifies, though, can't be scheduled so as it currently stands, there's no way to Hide Verifies except when they occur after/during for split images a scheduled backup.

RAKooistra
RAKooistra
If afte
RAKooistra - 1 June 2017 3:47 PM
It would be helpful if a "hide" button (as is on the backup status window) could be added to the "verify backup" window when the action is started manually. 

With a full backup the verification takes hours.  If the connection to the backup drive fails during the night I have to manually verify the file.  During all those hours I have to work around the opened Macrium Reflect window because it will not minimize to the system notification area.

It's been 5 years since I put this on the wish list.  If it hasn't been addressed in action or denial by now it will never be.  I do not see a way to close the topic even though I created it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search