Suspend PC after incremental backup

Author
Stuart Tunstall
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

Having been using Macrium Reflect for a couple of days now, I hsve just had a very odd "pop up" appear.. 
 I have it set to do an incremental backup at 8PM every night except Monday... the day it does the differential or full backup.. 
When it did the incremental last night it just got to the end and and came up with "backup complete" Nothing has changed as far as I know apart from the update from Macrium earlier today, but when it finished tonight a box popped up asking me if I wanted to suspend my PC or it was going to suspend my PC which I clicked cancel. 
Why has this appeared? and how can i stop it? looked under defaults and power saving is not set to do this.. 
Thanks
Stuart

UPDATE

Just found a similar post but a different problem but this is what popped up..
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/beb98b8e-92af-4844-b23c-51fe.jpg

Edited 28 May 2017 8:59 PM by stuarttunstall
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Stuart

Thanks for posting. Just to make sure can you please right click on your backup definition, select > 'Advanced Properties' and check the 'Shutdown' options set.  This is different from the 'Default' options. 

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Stuart Tunstall
Stuart Tunstall
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)Proficient Member (238 reputation)
Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply.
 Just checked that and it unticked Smile 
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/8b47c73f-da6f-4612-8710-2414.jpg

Unless it was just a "one off" .. as I say I installed on Friday and done 3 incremental back ups, today I had notification of an update for the software which I did, and tonight I got the message, so as far as I know the update is all that changed so not sure if that is the issue...
I will be doing a differential backup tomorrow night so not sure if that will do the same... 

Very odd Smile 

Stuart
Stuart Tunstall
Stuart Tunstall
Proficient Member
Well, just tried to manually run a incremental backup and it stuck on "loading index file" for about 10 mins... so I uninstalled just the Macrium software but left all options in place...
I have just reinstalled and ran the incremental back up, did it in about 6 mins which is quicker than the last couple, and no message...
So I will see what it does when it automatically runs the differential back up tonight... So far so good Smile
Stuart
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

If you look at the end of the log there will be a line that shows I/O performance. e.g,

I/O Performance: Read 947.3 Mb/s - Write 1.1 Gb/s

Read is the source disk performance and write is the target. The lower of the two is generally a good indicator of where the problem is.  Also note that when backing up your  'C' drive, disk activity by other processes will cause excessive seeks during the backup and will slow things down. 

Anti-Virus software doesn't play nicely with backup or disk imaging (in fact it doesn't play nicely with anything).  I would suggest that you temporarily disable Kaspersky to see if you notice an improvement. Or at the very least ensure that 'c:\program files\macrium\reflect\ReflectBin.exe' and the backup target folder is added to any exclusions list that exist in your AV software. 

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...