I am relatively new to Macrium. However, today I needed the tool urgently (http://forum.macrium.com/Topic13150.aspx).
It worked. But I would like to know from Macrium if Macrium 7 with the latest updates implied is compatibel with the Windows 10 Creators Edition, the offical rolled out version that is. In short step by step what I did:
- update Windows 10 to Creators Edition
- finetuned all settings, checked software and updated some tools
- after all was ok, I started Macrium Reflect 7 and updated that to the latest version
- I made a new Rescue USB stick, with a new and updated PE-version
- booted from the stick and created an image as I always do since some problems with VSS under Win 10 (they seem to be repaired in Creators Edition, but just to be sure...)
Today I ran in some trouble regarding software, reinstall made things worse. Had nothing specificallynto do with the updated Windows, it just went wrong. Instead of wasting hours of finding a solution I decided to put back the earlier image of the Creators Update image I made. As follows:
- booted from stick
- selected the image I made earlier
- to be 100% sure I switched off Rapid Delta restore (have a small 50...60GB image anyway)
- restored and restarted. It worked.
However: can I consider this a safe restore? Is Macrium compatible with the Creators Edition? Or should I worry and return to an earlier image from before the Creators Upgrade. :-( That would make me sad, since I have to travel abroad next week. I am just very cautious since I use Windows 10, too many strange things happened with it. Could someone confirm that I am ok with what I did? Or am I in trouble? And if so, what imaging software should I use then under Creators Edition?
(A bit worried) Ron.