Ability to write images to tape after writing to a HDD

Author
Chris Wilson
Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would love to have Reflect able to write images to to LTO tape. Used earlier generation LTO tape drives like my LTO4 Tandberg are now available very reasonably if you are happy with 800gb native tape capacity and a potential 1.6tb compressed. New old stock LTO4 tapes are like £5 to £8 UK Sterling each. I have a morbid fear of hard drives with back ups on failing to spin up after prolonged inactivity. An LTO tape cartridge is pretty rudimentary, and stored sympathetically they have a 20+ (some say 30+) year storage lifespan. If the ability to write to LTO tape was inbuilt I wouldn't have so much software to fiddle with! I appreciate that for "some technical reason" I have never seen software that will write a disk image *direct* to tape, they all seem to write images to a HDD first then to tape. If it is technically possible to write an image DIRECT to tape that would be great. I use Z-DATDump and Z-DBackup for tape right now. But just a means to automatically then write the image to tape as well would be great!!

Best regards, Chris

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Chris,

John has replied to the thread on the V5 forum.

http://support.macrium.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14482

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...