Back up images to a local nas / server

Author
hazenoff
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I recently bought the newest version of Macrium, the tech and workstation editions, and would like the option of saving the images to a local server / NAS  if at all possible.  My clients are using SSD drives, so this would be an ideal setup for them, to push the image to their local server, instead of having to drag USB drives around to the client pcs. 
Tags
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Just fill in the share and path in the backup "destination" folder," ie:  \\192.168.1.100\my\backup\share.  If credentials are necessary they can be entered under Other Tasks > Edit Defaults > Network.  I've been using Reflect to backup to a network share for 2+ years and it works great.

Edited 17 April 2015 4:56 AM by Gork
hazenoff
hazenoff
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Thanks. I'm coming from Paragon's imaging software, that actually has a drop down window to map a network drive or even an FTP server, so I'm just cutting my teeth on Macrium. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search