Editing Jobs

Author
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When you double click/edit a Backup Definition File (which I will hereafter refer to as a Job) in the Jobs list pane, you enter the various screens for data fields.  When you're done and select Finish, the Job is saved and you're returned to the Jobs list.  However, when this list loads, focus is placed at the top of the Jobs list.  This means that each time you edit a Job, if you want to execute it after editing it, you must scroll down to the item to select it.  Unless it's first in the list, of course.  Smile  This is a bit of an inconvenience.

I think that when a Job is edited, the Job you just edited should be highlighted so it can immediately be selected for execution should the user decide to do so.  Usually when I edit a Job, I have an intention of running it right after I edit it.  So, having to find the Job again in the list seems a bit of too many steps that could be avoided.

I understand that this execution may not actually be unavoidable.  That when a Job is edited, the Jobs list must be refreshed to present the list of Jobs.  Thus when the list is refreshed, the focus is placed at the top of the list.  However, I think this behavior should be able to easily program to change, but I could be wrong.  Smile

Thanks!

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi dbminter,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will recreate the issue and submit a case to the development team for evaluation.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search