Verifying very slow

Author
Holger Rudolph
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just upgraded vom Macrium 5 prof. to Macrium Home v6.
Windows 8.1, SSD (system), HDD (data), HDD (images)
Backup of the system (SSD) to the second HDD.
To write an image takes about the same time as before. The verifying process takes forever. The first 9% are ok but the rest is extremely slow.
I stopped all other programs and turned off the anti virus software. Did not get better.
Any ideas?

Regrads

Holger
Edited 12 April 2015 8:03 PM by Holger Rudolph
Seekforever
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Does it happen with all images stored on that HD or just one. If is all of them, I would try saving to a different HD and verifying that image. If it is still slow, I think I would try an uninstall and reinstall since this is not normal behavior. I'm assuming you are doing the verify within the regular Windows version and not the WinPE rescue media. My WinPE is slower but not really a whole lot slower.

If it's only one image I might suspect a marginal area on the disk but to be honest, I don't know if Reflect would do a bunch of retries to get the sector read if it gets an error on the first try.
Edited 12 April 2015 8:58 PM by Seekforever
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Thanks for your reply.
I will try your suggestion. It's a verification in Windows 8.1. The verification is slow on all images. I will try an other hdd and get back on this.
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
I reinstalled Macrium but the problem still remains. Then I used the other hdd for the image and everything went right. I ran chkdsk /f on the hdd with the problem but no errors.
So I'm not really satisfied cause I want to use the 2nd hdd (with the problem) for the images.
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
After several retries one verification process went through. It looked good in the beginning but then stuck at about 90% and went very slow. All in all it took 48 minutes to verify the backup with 52 GB. The backup process took about 15-20 minutes. Then I tried it again but it stuck again right in the beginning. I don't think that's an issue with my second hard disk. So I#m not happy with the new version and because of a new licence key I can't reinstall version 5.
john.p
john.p
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)Macrium Representative (113 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with v6 verification. Are you doing a manual verification or a post backup auto verification?

As the verification component is essentially unchanged in v6, there are really only two potential causes of this issue.
1) There is an issue with the disk where the backups are stored. If you are doing manual verifications be aware that all the files in the chain are checked,
2) You are using an AV / anti-malware tool that has whitelisted your v5 install, but not the v6 install.

Have you tried verifying your backup set when booted from the rescue CD?

Kind regards,
John Pendleton.

Kind regards,

Macrium Development.

Next Webinar

Seekforever
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
The best option to run on a suspect disk is /r  It will do the /f and then do a read-check of all sectors on the disk and relocate bad ones. The /f option only checks the filesystem integrity.

If the disk or partition being checked is large, /r will take some time.
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
Thank's for the reply. I run chkdsk / r right now. It will take some time and I will post the results.
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
Thanks for the reply. The problem occurs doing manual and automatic verification. I turnded the antivirus software (bitdefender) off during the verification process but the problem remains. I'm running chkdsk /r right now and will report. After that I will follow your suggestion and run the verification from boot disk.

regards
Holger Rudolph
Holger Rudolph
Ok. I do have a physikal problem with the hard disk. Several tools I used to diagnose or repair failed.

So it's not a problem caused by Macrium v6, I have to replace the hard disk.
Thanks for your help anyway!

Regards
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search