How do I get Reflect to not eject the DVD when it's done with the backup?

Author
needlestack
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've got Reflect doing a night backup to DVD of a few files but after every run it ejects the DVD. I can't seem to find a place where I can tell it not to eject it. There is still plenty of room on the DVD so it's not out of space.

Tags
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
I know that at least some drives require the ejection process in order to finalize a write session.  This requirement would be independent of Reflect.  I've never looked into it but it's possible there could be a way to write a script to load the DVD after it's ejected and have Reflect run that script after the backup is finished.
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)
I have the same issue.  On my previous computer the disk did not eject. But on my current computer it does.  I have not found a way to prevent this behavior.  It is not a major issue, but it is annoying. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search