Boot Menu Option - a newbie question

Author
Tony_A20
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am setting up Reflect 6 on a W7 system and so far everything works fine. I have no problems, only a question.
I have activated the Boot menu option. I expected the Macrium Reflect boot option to only appear on the F10 boot menu, but it appears on a separate screen during every boot.
It only takes 10 seconds to time out, but I would like to boot directly into Windows, except if I press F10 during the boot (which takes me to the boot menu) where I would expect to find the Macrium boot option.
Is the Macrium boot option I'm experiencing normal?
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)
I am a little confused by your F10 references but I will assume that is just your computer's way of interrupting the boot process.  Different computers use different keys for that.  Anyway, if you select the boot option which is handled later in the boot process than the F10 key logic, you will get a screen that allows booting into Windows or into the Reflect  PE based system.  That is how it works.  The timeout CAN be changed to a higher or LOWER number if you wish.  The MSCONFIG program (use the RUN feature in Win 10) will allow you to change that delay time.

Froggie
Froggie
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2K reputation)
Tony, the F<10> BOOT option is only offered by the hardware BiOS of your machine and has nothing to do with the OS or its controlled BOOT options (the BCD... BOOT Control Data).

F<10> only offers physical BOOT device options found by the hardware BiOS (BOOTable disks, CD/DVD, Network interface, etc.)... as Drac says, they have no connection to each other.
Tony_A20
Tony_A20
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Thanks for your replies. I would have responded sooner, but I had checked the "notify me by e-mail of any replies" box and since I hadn't received any e-mail notifications of replies, I assumed that my question was too basic for consideration.
Anyway, I should have explained the situation better.
I am using a Windows 7 pro system.
When I boot normally, the BIOS first provides me the option of hitting F2, to take me into the BIOS, or F10, to take me to the BIOS boot menu, where a "Safe" boot, or other options are offered. That is where I expected to find the boot menu option provided by Reflect to enter the online Rescue environment.
However, I found that the option to continue into Windows 7, or enter the Rescue environment, appeared on a following screen. It was not what I expected.
My original question was just to determine if that was the way the Reflect boot menu option was supposed to work.
When selected, the Reflect boot menu option booted into the Rescue environment as it should.
From your responses, I gather that the Reflect boot menu option is functioning correctly.
Thank you for your help.
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search